Tuesday, January 26, 2010

无: Work In Progress Part I - Reference and Concept  

0 comments

I have always been fascinated by the transparency of the jellyfish and how it look so unreal and yet so alive with it fluid movement at the same time... So I decided to make a custom based on this same inspiration... Alas, the idea of Man-Of-War pop up... though not a jellyfish, its still nearly as transparent as one.

Thus after some surfing, i found the silhouette of my custom:

Next comes my headache.... how do I make it transparent and leave no marks on it after modification... And it hit me, I can mold them using clear resin.

Unfortunately when I found my resin and latex... they were all dried up due to my poor maintenance...I have to think of something fast...Thank god for having our community's most resourceful fan here in Singapore, Philip aka APM, I got a bundle of built stuff from him earlier and in one of the goodies bag... I found a built Crystal Red horn and a Crystal molga. Since this is my last resort, I took it upon myself to make the custom using only these...this is the most challenging task to date... to make a custom using only limit model. To make it worst... I must not use any putty or leave any visible modification mark on the final custom since its transparent....

I feel that the most important part of the Man-Of-War is its tentacles... After keeping an eye out for anything transparent, I found this...

Cost me a few red notes to get a tub of them. The wire is only $2 tho... more about this later.

Next comes the main body. Since these Zoids are rare and expensive, I decided to try out my design on the built regular issued Zoids that I have.

I initially wanted to use the Gojulas HT's back fin... but they look too short and stompy.. Heres another arrangement of the buster eagle fin.

In the end... I chose none from the above... I gave in to the Capitalism... the cost of the Zoids will simply be too much... I have to only temporally borrowed a wing from the Crystal buster eagle...the holes on the sides irks me some tho...

So the design of the top fin of the Man-Of-War must be removable...And notice the holes are now covered up by the feet of red horn? Hehee, they are now the extra compartment of the ballast chambers.

To be continue...

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



Visitor No: