Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kaiten: Work In Progress - Concept  

0 comments

Origin Concept

To challenge myself, I wanted to make a custom in 1/24 scale so that there are more opportunity to work on the human interface which is absent in my other customs.

Then as I was surfing the web, I came across an image of a boy riding on the seahorse in Puerto Vallarta. I find that it fits my direction nicely. An underwater transport personnel vehicle.

So for this year entry, I decided to make a manned-seahorse.With this image in mind, I simply grab bit and pieces from my built parts stash to filled up the silhouette so that I can lock the form into my mind. Head and fins are used from Zoids Model (GZ-012:Lanstag)

Prototype















Once I'm satisfied with parts placement, I'll use blu tac to hold them together for some photo taking. At the same time, I'll google intensively on the selected animal form for anything from the Jurassic fossil to the modern skeleton structure as this will help me to create an physically accurate and realistic model. We dont want a seahorse to look like a hippo right (-.-)"'
Parts used: Diploguns, Lanstag, Leo Striker, Brave Jaguar.

Work In Progress will be updated in sequence post.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



Visitor No: