Sunday, February 8, 2009

Kaiten: Work In Progress - Prototyping The Top Cover  

0 comments

The Top cover: The hardest part in creating this model.
It wasn't easier to decide on which style (Open-Top or Hatched-Top) to go as I was still trying to find the missing pieces in sealing up the cockpit....














Verdict: I did not choose any of the above design as I found that they are most suitable for "open top" concept whereas I wanted a hatched top. Fortunately when I was fiddling around with the last design, I snapped up the connected parts of the horseshoe crab variant (FZ-018:Gairyuki Shin) and hit the jackpot. Its shape allows modification to be done on the center from top to bottom. I used the antenna dish assembly(CP-13 Wild Weasel Unit Customize Parts) as the hatch door :)
















Decision: I was out of time ... I had to make a tough call to seal up the top cover without finishing the cockpit or I will miss MCON08... Once the top is sealed, it will be tough to access the interior to work on the cockpit....All my efforts on the cockpit down the drain :'(

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



Visitor No: